Yes, you read that right. And yes, it’s awesome. Unless, of course, you hate blue cheese, as does my roommate (that’s what I choose to call him when he makes poor life decisions such as this). But no worries, that just means more for me and the other sane people out there!
I made this gem for our big Labor Day BBQ and it was a huge hit. People tended to take one bite, shoot me a quizzical look, and then exclaim “Oh my God, is there BACON in this?!?” And then dive back in for more…
- 4 ripe avocados, pitted and mashed
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and minced
- 2 large Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 jalapenos, chopped (seeds in if you like extra heat – we do!)
- 3 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 6 strips bacon, cooked until crispy and chopped into bits
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup blue cheese
- 1 tsp fresh sage, finely chopped
- Mix all ingredients together. (If you want to get some extra prep work done the night before, you can chop and mix everything except the avocados and store it in a bowl over night. Then right before serving, add the avocados and possibly extra salt and pepper.)
Serves a crowd of blue cheese loving guac enthusiasts!