Garlic and Red Pepper Broccoli
From Cooking Light
Alright, here it is, probably the last healthy recipe I’ll have a chance to post before next year. Oy. Hopefully our actual diet won’t be as bad as this blog will make it out to be, but it only seems right to post fun seasonal things during the greatest holiday eating season of the year.
But I was determined to squeeze this recipe in sooner than later. We took this picture when we made it over a month ago as a side for our fettuccine Alfredo. And we’ve made it at least 3 times since then. It’s in our top 3 go-to sides since we keep every ingredient except the broccoli on hand. I know it sounds super simple and hardly revolutionary, but there really is something special about the result. I’d recommend following the directions exactly because every time we try to get fancy (aka more red pepper to satiate our weird addiction to heat) we regret it.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 6 cups broccoli florets (about 1 large head)
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add broccoli, salt, crushed red pepper and sliced garlic. Saute 2 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup water.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook for 2 minutes or until broccoli is crisp tender.