Pumpkin Pie Larabars
From The Honeymoon Kitchen
Wahoooo, pumpkin season has arrived!!!!!!!!! Not so wahoooo, John and I are currently doing another round of the Whole30 diet, which in short means we can’t have any dairy, soy, sugar or artificial flavoring. While this is definitely a good thing in the long run, it does pretty much preclude me from enjoying virtually any of the pumpkin products on the market. Sad. At least it was sad, until I came up with the brilliant (not to toot my own horn, but toot, toot!) idea to make pumpkin pie flavored Larabars. Technically not my idea, since this flavor exists in the Larabar line, but I did manage to successfully adapt my Cashew Cookie version into this delightful Fall treat. Welcome back, pumpkin season, welcome back.
- 3/4 cup Medjool dates, pit removed
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/8 cup peanut butter (or sunflower seed butter)
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of your food processor. Pulse until they come together. You want the cashews to be pretty finely chopped, but not to the state of a nut butter. If you’re not sure if it’s done, try pinching off a piece and see how sticky it is. You want it to stick together easily, but not be to the state of greasiness.
- Dump the mixture onto a cutting board and use your hands to shape it into a square that is an even height.
- Cut the square into bars or squares.
Makes 8 bars or 16 squares.