Seasonally speaking, I’m a little late on this one. Not that shrimp salad is strictly a summer thing, but this was definitely a bright addition to a BBQ that we went to a month and a half ago. That being said, I think by using a ripe, local, fall apple you can bring this dish nicely into fall. And if you’re doing the Whole30 thing, which I know a lot of people are these days, it’s a great “side dish” that you can bring to a potluck and rest assured that even if you can’t eat anything else, you can fill up on this.
- 2 cups cooked, peeled shrimp, roughly chopped
- 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 green apple, cored and diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Stir well to combine, making sure the liquid ingredients coat the veggies.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate until needed.